During the months of November through to the end of April, we offer "out of season breaks" based on the following attractions and deals. Pricing by arrangement.
Even when the weather is not so bright and sunny, there is plenty to enjoy. For example, the spectacular Corrieshalloch Gorge and the Falls of Measach are especially fine after a wet spell in the winter, or when the snows have melted.
- Walking & photography in and around the local area.
- Munro bagging and Winter Walking of the area including such mountains as Beinn Dearg, Sgur Mhor, and An Teallach to name but a few, plus the iconic Stac Pollaidh in the Inverpolly Nature Reserve.
- Round robin tours to Achiltibuie and Lochinver.
- Wildlife-watching both inland and loch or sea for eagles, seals, otters and pine martins.
- 9 hole winter golf at Ullapool, Gairloch and Durness when open - a north west 9 hole course tour!
- Gardening weekends - come help us in our Walled Garden where you can dig, prune, plant, cut grass or propagate. Volunteers will be provided with free lunches and evening meals.
- Geology - we are very near the West Highland Geopark area, and just a few miles outside Ullapool there is a fascinating outdoor geological exhibition and sculpture trail known as Knockan Crag.
- Cultural events - there are many music, performing arts, art exhibitions choices over the months which can be booked when coming to Ullapool and we can post a calendar of events to those interested. For example, the MacPhail Centre has off-season events.
- Whisky tasting and distillery visit to Muir of Ord Distillery some 40 mins away.